Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lt. Colonel Oliver North at Biltmore Baptist

Brad and I attend a very large church here in Asheville, Biltmore Baptist. It was the first church we tried when we moved, and we were captivated from the start. A large church always has its pros and cons but for us the good far outweighs.


Today Brad was really excited because Oliver North was speaking at our morning services. Apparently all of Asheville was excited too, because it was packed. I'll be honest, I had no idea who he was. If you're in my boat, here's the short version:  He's a retired Marine, best-selling author, Fox News host, and Christian.

He shared with us the story of how he became a Christian and it was very moving. He was very entertaining and fun to listen to. It was a great message and very timely with the 4th coming up.

Something I learned that I thought was pretty awesome...

Isaiah 33:22 says "For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, and the Lord is our king; it is He who will save us."

Many say this is where James Madison came up with the idea for the three branches of goverment. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment