Tuesday, May 31, 2011

what i decided to do this weekend...

I just punched in my Visa... So I'm running the Wild Side 9K on Saturday. Or walking.

This afternoon as I was killing myself on a 5 mile trail run, I was contemplating whether or not to sign up. I was especially considering the fact that my running buddies were saying that they were not ready for the race. I'm trailing behind them on all these runs, and for some reason I'm thinking about running this and they aren't. Hmm.

My two major concerns:
1. I don't want to get down on myself if I can't run the whole thing. And it's very likely that I won't be able to.
2. I don't want to be last. Honestly, I'm worried about it. In any 5K you're always going to have walkers and people who are just starting out. I've never done anything more, I don't know what the crowd will be like.

Why I decided to do it anyways:
1. I couldn't run the first 5K I ran this season and it didn't discourage me at all. It just made me more determined to be able to run the next one.
2. I'm going to have to man up and get over it. I've signed up for a half in September and last time I checked it's more than a 5K. Yes I plan to train for this. Have a trained for the 9K? No. Even if I drag my booty across that line dead last... I'll still be draggin' it across. Which is way better than doing nothing.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't... You're right!
- Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment