Monday, May 16, 2011

I Did It

Managed to cross the line yesterday with a new PR! 32:43 Beat my old one by a full minute. I am so happy about this, especially considering how tough the course was (hilly, gravel, hilly). I even walked for a tenth of a mile, so I'm feeling very confident that I can break 30 minutes this season.

As always after a race, I have the fever. I come home and spend hours figuring out which to choose next. My next weekend to race will be June 4/5. There are two races around here that weekend, a 5K and a 9K. I'm seriously considering the 9K, but I don't know what to do. The 9K is in the Arboretum like this race was. I'm nervous because I've never raced that far, and it'll be hilly, and I haven't ran more than 3.5 miles in training yet. You don't have to sign up until June 1, so I think I'll work on my mileage then make a decision.

What do you think? 5K or 9K?

No comments:

Post a Comment