Thursday, June 2, 2011

my june goals

1. Log at least 60 miles this month. Walking or running.
2. Finish reading the new rules of lifting for women, and figure out a plan to realisticly get it going.
3. Track my weight watchers points. Have a solid month of losses. (that's technically two i guess).
4. Wash my face before and after I run. I'm really good about the after, not so much the before.
5. Plan my half marathon attack and get it started.

I don't want to have more than five at a time, and who knows, maybe 5 will be too much. Might scale back to 3 next month, I'll see how it goes. I have a huge problem with setting goals and following through in a specified time period. My goal for the last two years (almost three) has been to lose weight. Yes, I have a goal weight in mind, but I'm afraid to say it aloud (like he who must not be named).
I also tend to take on way to many things at once. This has ALWAYS been a problem for me. I want to spend time with my husband. I want to spend time with my family. I want to have to work. I want to become a better runner. I want to spend more time with my photography. I want to read so many books. I want to continue reading the Bible. SO OFTEN I try to do it all and I get worn out and I don't complete anything.

So I've gotta learn to prioritize. Immediately if not sooner. So at the end of the month I'll see where I'm at and set some new goals. Hopefully this will allow me to concentrate on one or two things at a time, and it'll also give me a time period to evaluate. Instead of just cruising along for two years repeating the same patterns that are not good for me.

Do you have any goals for this month?

Do you overwhelm yourself with things you want to accomplish? How do you cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment