Friday, June 24, 2011

Half Marathon Training Plan

Today I spent some time checking out the Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon Website. It got me super pumped for the race. This week I have taken it super easy as far as running goes (not so much as life goes), and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

One of my  June Goals was to get my half marathon training plan figured out and I've been feeling really unaccomplished  so I thought I'd go ahead and check this one off the list (I'm OCD and love checking things off lists, it relaxes me).

I'm going into this training with a comfortable running base of about 10-15 miles per week. I've never had that before, and I've always thought it was a major contributor to not finishing training. I also only wanted to run 3-4 times a week. I did not want to burn out again.

I will need your all's help to get through this. Being as this is the third time 'officially' starting half marathon training, I've got this huge cloud of doubt in the back of my head telling me, "you've tried this twice and failed, what is going to make this time different?" So time to quit listening to my head and overthinking every little thing.

I posted the plan under one of my pages at the top. Let me know what you think. Looking it over it seems kinda easy. My longest run is 9 miles. I may tweak it, but it's posted in its original form, as the Runner's World Smart Coach spit out for me.

Have you ever used the Smart Coach?
What training plans do you like?
Do you like your long run to be as long as the actual race?

1 comment:

  1. I just started the Run Less Run Faster training plan.

    I would recommend 11 miles as your longest, but that's just personal preference.

    Good luck with your training...you can do it!!

    p.s. - love that billboard. haha

    ReplyDelete