Sunday, May 29, 2011

working on holiday weekends is for the birds

Today sucked. Every drug addict within 50 miles decided to swing by my store today. Let me just tell you, dealing with the public is one thing. Dealing with the public on drugs is a whole nother ballgame. I have NEVER. I can't make this stuff up. I don't want to turn this blog into my work bitchfest, so let's just leave it at this, it was a stressful day.

What did I do to de-stress? Signed up for races! I signed up for a 5K at my church on June 11th. The proceeds go to an orphanage in Haiti. It's part of their VBS week. I also signed up for the Firecracker 10K that is of course, on the 4th of July. The race is a 8am (I signed up thinking it was 8pm) and I'm supposed to work 8-4 that day. Here's hoping I can switch, if not I'm out 30 bucks. And speaking of 30 bucks, why is it more money to run the 10K when you don't get anything else? The 5K racers get the same stuff. Someone enlighten me.

I have a couple more days to pick a race for next weekend. I'm either doing nothing or a 9K. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment