Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lance Armstrong Showed Me How to Use Moleskin This AM

I laid out my gear last night (is it layed or laid? I never mastered that one). I got up around 545a, our foster doggy was barking like crazy. I got her and Riley out and fed then got myself put together. I had about five Sharkies for breakfast. Before my last 5K I had apples and PB before the race and felt horrible. This worked a lot better for me and my stomach felt great.

Then I had to deal with a blister. The other night I threw on some socks and shoes so that I could walk the dogs up and down our mountain. I don't usually workout in the pair of socks that I grabbed, and I earned myself a blister with that decision (more thoughtlessness, less decision... you actually have to think about it to make a decision). So after work last night I picked up some of this:

Then this morning I realized I had no idea what to do with it. I was leaning towards just cutting it and slapping a piece over the blister. But since I had a little extra time (thanks Chandler for waking me up at the crack of dawn) and my last bout of carelessness put me in this situation in the first place... I decided to do what I always do when I am unsure of how to do something... I googled it. I found this gem. Thank you Lance Armstrong.  



Pardon the dog hair, but other than that I was pretty proud of myself. And it worked like a charm!

I got to the Arboretum around 7a, got registered and warmed up. And I was wrong, I did get a shirt.
They started the race right on time which I was really happy about. I hate waiting around. I'll review the race later, but I was very happy with it and my time. Possibly a new PR?!? You'll have to wait and see, I'll post when the official results go up. I'm off to take a nap and eat my weight in protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment