Saturday, May 14, 2011

Biltmore Classic 5K/15K

Tomorrow I'm running the 14th annual Biltmore Classic that is put on by the Kiwanis Club. I'm doing the 5K... If it actually goes down. I'm feeling a little skeptical and a lot confused. When I signed up for the race the website was mostly under construction. I figured I was just early (which should have been the first clue, because I am rarely that) and they were slow.

I signed up and based on the fact that they did not ask for my shirt size, I'm assuming no shirt for me (my deduction skills are amazing, no?). After a little googling, I found out that for the last 13 years, this race has been run on the Biltmore Estate.
Awesome. I have amazing timing. Yes I have been to the Biltmore more times that I care to count, but it would be really cool to run a race there. But for whatever reason, the race is no longer happening there. It's supposedly happening at the NC Arboretum, which is about a half a mile from our house but we've never been (mostly because they charge like 10 bucks a car to park there). I found out that they offer a pass that is reasonable if you go a lot and I have been looking for a place closer to home to run. I've been putting it off until tomorrow to see what it's like.

Anyways, the website is still crap. No new info. All I know is that there had better be a race tomorrow. Because if I get up at 6am for nothing, I'm gonna be MAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment