Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trail Running... Where Have You Been All My Life?

So long story short, I have no running buddies in AVL. Sometimes B-rad runs with me, but he runs faster, I run longer, and he'd rather watch Sportscenter he doesn't love to run.
I made a friend and she took me on an A-MAZING trail run. My only trail running experience was the small part of the Biltmore Classic and I really enjoyed it. This was a whole 'nother level. We went to Bent Creek.
I loved every minute of it. Mostly. The hills were killer, but it made the breaks and the downhill that much sweeter. And the last mile or so was single track. The miles flew by thanks to good company and great scenery. God has truly made such an amazing place for us to enjoy. We did 4.5 miles in about 55 minutes. Kinda slow, but I'm still super proud. This was so much more than what I normally run. All the grade changes and really having to be aware of my feet. Honestly I'm quite suprised I didn't face plant at least once (just call me Grace).
We're going back on Friday, if it isn't raining cats and dogs like it is right now. We're also planning on doing it after it gets dark. Wearing these:

Good idea? Bad idea? Comments welcome.

After our run, B and I went to see this:


What is this a PF Changs? Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment