Friday, June 10, 2016

Five Things Friday

1.  As I mentioned in my last post, last week I caught Everly straddling the rail to her crib, so Friday we changed the crib rail to a toddler rail. Positive being she can't climb up on in and hurt herself. Negative being she can get right up when I put her down for bed at night or for naps. I put her in bed, she's right back up hollering and beating on the door.


Don't let the smile here fool you. See those puffy eyes? She needs to sleep! It's only been a week and I'm trying to keep that in mind. And once she's down she's stayed down for the most part, she's just up earlier than usual. Praying these kinks get worked out soon. She's not a great napper (although she is napping at the moment) so she needs a solid 12 hours at night.

2.  Another new development, she keeps pulling off her diapers. **You may want to skip this one if you're easily grossed out.** Today she went into the laundry room, pulled the diaper off, and pooped in the floor! I almost died. I had no clue what to do. I tried (through tears of laughter) to explain we poop in the potty not the floor, but OMG. Total parenting fail because I could not keep it together. I went to get toilet paper to retrieve said turd, but when I came back it was gone. ONE OF THE DOGS ATE IT. So I went from choking back laughter to choking down vomit. And I'm 99% sure which one did it. Riley, I'm looking at you.

3.  I have not worked out one single day this week. My first day off was yesterday, E and I loaded up to go to the gym. I was SO EXCITED to work out and get back on track. WHOMP WHOMP childcare was full. And there was a 10 kid wait list. She was almost as sad as I was.


4.  When I drove back after our house meeting, E fell asleep. She hadn't napped all day so she proceeded to take a 1.5 hour nap in the car. So no gym for the 5th day in a row. Gross.

5.  Today we played at the playground then came home and played in the yard with my friend Lauren and her daughter Madison. Lauren is expecting a little boy at the end of this month so we're trying to cram all the fun in we can before his arrival!



Side note: I got this little splash pad at Marshall's for $5.99. Best buy of the summer so far!


I hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend! Tell me what your plans are!

No comments:

Post a Comment