Anyways, this is my momma's recipe that is amazing and it's my go-to meal. I hope you like it!
2 lbs turkey
2 packets taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes with onion and green pepper
1 can Rotel
1 jar taco sauce
2 cup bag shredded mexican cheese
8-10 burrito shells
- Preheat your oven to 300.
- Brown & drain 2 lbs ground turkey (you can use beef, but I'm not digging cow meat right now).
- After you drain the meat, put it back in the pot and add 2 packets of taco seasoning (I prefer Old El Paso) and 1 small can of petite diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion. ---This is the lazy way. My mom chops up real onion and green pepper and adds to the meat as she's browning it. Sorry mom.
- Mix that up really good, it should look something like this:
- This will be the filling for the burrito shells. Get a 9x13 pan and spray it with Pam. Fill the burrito shells with the meat mix, roll them up, and use them to line the bottom of the pan.
- Next, mix up 1 can of taco sauce (again I prefer Old El Paso) and 1 can Rotel.
- You'll use this mixture to cover the burritos. Don't drown them, just cover (you won't use all the mixture).
- And you know what comes next, smother in cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy every last bite! Serve with ranch dressing or sour cream (not in this house!).
I hope you like it as much as I do. And major props to my momma who made this up one day and it's one of our favoroite meals! She's pretty much amazing.
And just in case you were wondering, B-rad only needed me 4 times during this post :)