Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Book Review::: Spartan Fit! by Joe DeSena

I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to review an advanced copy of Joe DeSena's new book, "Spartan Fit!". After reading his previous book, "Spartan Up!" I was so excited to dive into this one.

Another reason I was so excited to read the book is because I need training tips! I'm signing up for the Asheville Super Spartan that's in August and I need all the help I can get.


I was mostly interested in the training plan and incorporating it into my workouts, however the thing about the book that I was most pleasantly surprised with was the history of the Spartans. I'm a nerd who enjoys history so those bits and pieces were very nice for me.

I was also surprised to learn that DeSena wants to have OCR be recognized in the Olympics. I enjoyed reading his argument as to why it should be there and honestly, I could see it. I can see his vision and how he's began implementing changes to make the races more uniform, just in between the two races I did in 2012 and 2013 (click links to read my reviews of those races).

I've started incorporating his workouts into my training and so far they're very challenging and effective. I think my favorite thing about them is that I can mostly do them at my house, with little to no equipment.

I also enjoy DeSena's no BS, suck it up buttercup attitude. He seems like a no nonsense kind of guy, and I really admire that.

This book is available for pre-order currently and will be available on August 2nd.

*I received a copy of this book in advance in order to provide my unbiased review. All opinions are my own, as always. *

No comments:

Post a Comment