Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm pretty sure hell involves a foam roller.

I am sofreakinghappy that I am through with work for the week!!! 14 hours yesterday and 12 today...Way overrated. I made myself pack a gym bag this morning because I knew if I came home  I wouldn't make it back out to run.

I spent a lot of time stretching and foam rolling before my run. Me and the foam roller are not BFFs. It hurts. It makes me look like an idiot sliding around on it/the floor. And oh yeah, IT HURTS. But I'm being OCD about keeping my body injury free... So foam roll I shall.

I did 4 miles on the treadmill with a 1% incline. It got pretty tough at a couple of points, so I allowed myself to slow down but not walk.

I stretched and used the torture device foam roller afterwards too. I really do think it helps though.

We're off to O-H-I-O tomorrow. I'm so excited for the 10k on Saturday [and the Under Armor outlet store]. Brad's excited for Skyline.

Which do you think is the better TM workout or more like running outside:  Running with an incline or running faster?

Are you racing this weekend? Any other cool plans?

**Sorry for the lack of pictures, my camera is being a turd.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun in Ohio!!

    I hate the foam roller too but it's a must for me, Just like froyo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel dumb on foam rollers too, but it hurts so good! lol

    p.s. i LOVE that you used "a hot minute" on your comment on my post. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!!! good luck at the 10k...totally agree about the foam roller but hoping it really does help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O-H-I-O! Tell that ol girl I said hi & I miss her.

    ReplyDelete