Sunday, June 2, 2013

rearview mirror:::: may 2013

.: running :.
this month i ran 4 races, and finally started to get back to a little bit of a running routine. i finished the skyline chili 3-way at the Cincinnati Flying Pig [5k, 10k, and half marathon] and also the Cradle to Grave 30k trail race. why no hyperlink to the flying pig races? i still haven't managed to finish my recap... 

my goal for june is to get my mileage to 10-15 miles per week, totally do-able and i feel ready to get back to it. i've struggled since the full and i'm hoping to put all that behind me [another post i need to write, dangit]. 

.: weight training :.
two weeks ago i restarted my old training routine. i even went to the gym in the mornings before work! my plan is to do one more week of the old routine, then we'll be on vacation for a week. when we get back brad and i are both starting a new plan. i'm really excited about this because i am hoping this will get the excess weight back off. 

.: reading :.
the book thief by markus zusack
gone girl by gillian flynn
grace, gold, and glory: my leap of faith by gabrielle douglas
summerland by elin hilderbrand

the book thief was my favorite of all of them. i didn't get the hype about gone girl, and hated the way it ended.

have you read any good books lately? 

what did you do in may that you're the most proud of?

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't thrilled with Gone Girl either. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last great book I read. They've been just so-so or bad. My proudest moment was running a 32 mile event. The longest I have ever run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Once a Runner, and that was really good. I thought it was a true story the whole time I was reading it and it wasn't. HA!

    Most proud of in May...not running much due to injury even though I really want to PUSH it! so hard to sit back and not do want I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you ran 4 races in May! I am now reading Eat & Run. It's soooo good. I'm thinking I might sign up for an Ultra now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran in 3 races in May...Maybe that is why I have no motivation to run.
    We read Gone Girl for book club a couple months ago. I liked it. I love Elin Hilderbrand, I've read most of her books, My favorite is Blue Bistro. RIght now I've been reading books by Mary Kay Andrews, they are southern and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, ran 3 races in May. 2 5ks and half marathon #5 for 2013. I PR'd my 5k @ 27:32(smoking for me) Havent read anything in a while....been busy packing and moving.

    ReplyDelete