Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let The Good Times Roll!

I've always been extremely proud of my planning skills. My Erin Condren planner is never far away and I LOVE writing everything in (OCD much?). Unfortunately I've run into a bit of uncharacteristic POOR RACE PLANNING.

Case in point:
Last weekend I did the Carolinas Spartan Sprint with my little brother. Side note: It took a lot out of me (so I pampered myself on Monday)


This coming Saturday I'm racing the Run The Bluegrass Half in Lexington, KY.


The very next day I'm racing the Covenant Health Half in Knoxville, TN.


And the DA of the day award goes to moi!

My new motto is obviously "be stupid!"

My plan is to run/walk the KY race (walking up hills and running down them and flats---which from what I've heard there aren't many flats!!) then see how I feel Sunday. I'm not planning on trying for a PR at either race, that's for sure!!!

I'm kind of bummed that I have to leave KY so quickly... The race in TN has no race day packet pick up (LAME) so we have to leave pretty quick to get to the expo to pick it up. Which means I'll get to see my friends for about .0654 seconds. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And I'm not sure if you're living under a rock but we have a HUGE basketball game on Saturday night. It'd be awesome to watch it in Lexington, but no. TN it is. Yuck. And in case you don't understand how big this game is for us Kentuckians... I'll provide this link. It's an article about how two older men got into a fight over the game DURING THEIR DIALYSIS APPOINTMENT. Seriously. It's going to be ugly. But I'll leave you with these:



7 comments:

  1. This game is going to be crazy! Good luck this weekend with both half marathons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like a crazy weekend can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! Lets meet up before the race!!! I'm planning on jogging, walking and running too! If you want to, email me at cmartinez@hiddenbrookfarmky.com and we can exchange numbers! The race is EXTREMELY difficult so plan on just having fun. Most everyone I know is just doing it for fun with a planned finish time between 2:20 and 2:45. Yeah, that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be volunteering at the start / finish line so hopefully we can meet up for a few minutes at least! I will be wearing a white LexRunLadies t-shirt.

    Good luck at your races!

    Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!! Good luck on both races. Can't wait for the recaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Courtney! You have a jam packed racing weekend coming up! Good luck! I will be sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete