Wednesday, July 13, 2016

weekly workouts

monday::
i dropped in to crossfit ironside in west chester for a WOD. i'm new to this whole thing anyways, but going into a new place by myself? that's so not me. but i'm working on getting to the point that i don't let fear of what might happen keep me from doing what i want. so i went, and it was fun! one girl even came up to me and told me she thought i was super brave for dropping in. that she's always wanted to when she travels but she'd been scared. i was so touched that she said that to me.

We did a hero WOD for the 4th of July called "Daniel". In honor of Army SFC Daniel Crabtree who was killed in Iraq on June 8, 2006.


for the first 50 pull-ups i did jumping pull-ups, which was a modification i hadn't done before. for my first round of thrusters i did 65# (Rx Female) and realized i bit off more than i could chew. i've never been coached on thrusters so probably not my smartest move. for the second round i scaled back to 60# and that helped. for my second 50 pull-ups i did ring rows. my time was 23:14.


tuesday::
WOD class at Y


wednesday::
5 slow trail miles! (1:14)


thursday::
rest day

friday::
rest day

saturday::
2.69 stroller miles at the park (31:40)

sunday::
CrossFit Invictus WOD


first workout in my new shoes! they did great and i ran a mile afterwards and they were pretty good for that too. 

totals::
8.69 miles + WOD running
2 WODs

No comments:

Post a Comment