I can't begin to list all the things that I enjoy about blogging, but one of my favorites is being able to look back and see progress. I love that word: PROGRESS. Am I where I want to be? No. Have I reached all my goals. No way. But have I worked hard and progressed? Abso-freaking-lutely.
Because it's the most fun and easiest to quantify, let's look at running:
- i participated in fourteen races
- five virtual races, nine in real life
- two trail runs, seven organized road races
- thirteen in North Carolina, one in Ohio
- nine 5k's
- one 4 miler
- one 9k
- two 10k's
- one half marathon
- three instant PR's
- two real PR's
Usually I would make excuses:
I'm on vacation.
I'm going to be eating out so much there's no point in working out.
There's no point in taking up room in my suitcase with running stuff (you just need a pair of shoes my ass!).
I count this point alone as major progress.
Top Three Running Experiences of 2011:
3. Lady Distance Classic 10K in Ohio - Brad and his parents came out to cheer me on--the only race I ran this year with people I knew watching (I did run several races with friends).
2. Running the Turkey Trot 5K with Brad (his first 5K). -- just realized I never posted about this race. Bad blogger award.
1. Finishing the Asheville Citizen Times Half Marathon.
I've really enjoyed reading your all's 2011 reviews! I'll be back at you later with my goals for 2012!
Tell me your top running experience(s) of 2011!!!!