the following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Mizuno.
when it comes to running the roads, mizuno and i have a very exclusive relationship. i have been in the wave rider model for as long as i can remember, and i have no intention of rocking the boat [as evidenced by my hoarding]:
well, mizuno is rolling out a brand new shoe [available JULY 5th/today!!] and i was lucky enough to get to try it out.
meet the all new wave sayonara::::
- weight: 7.1 ounces [a full ounce lighter than my usual wave riders]
- ramp: 10mm [wave rider 12mm]
- heel/toe: 19/9 [wave rider 24/12]
- on sale: july 5, 2013
- suggested MSRP: $119.99
my two cents::::
- i love the look of the shoe. it's bright but wearable.
- they are incredibly light.
- i wore them to the gym for a workout just because i was so excited to try them and actually found a great use for them... they are minimalist enough to lift in but enough shoe to hop on the treadmill afterwards! this is huge for me. when i lift [especially legs] i prefer a minimalist shoe but i can't run in them afterwards because i need more support. who wants to take two pairs of shoes to the gym? the wave sayonara solved this problem completely.
- i was really surprised by the amount of support and cushion the shoe offered while i was running [it's the Mizuno Wave Technology].
- i think this would be a great shoe for someone who wanted to try a minimalist shoe but didn't want to sacrifice cushion or support.
- i don't usually do speed work, but these shoes made me want to run fast! [and they're so light that you feel like you're moving a lot more quickly than usual!]
- they fit like a glove so i'm also looking forward to trying them without socks.
want to know more?